Our top priority is the health and safety of our guests and employees. Here are the measures we are taking.
• All parties are seated at least six feet away from each other—and in most cases even farther away.
• Ever’s main dining room is spacious, with only 14 tables.
• When required by the City of Chicago, Ever will operate at limited capacity.
• Our staff practices social distancing in all areas of the restaurant. They arrive at work at staggered start times.
• Ever employees are required to wear face masks and gloves at all times and to frequently wash and sanitize their hands.
What guests can expect
• Guests must wear masks in Ever, except when they are seated and eating. Personal protective equipment such as masks, hand sanitizer and gloves will be available for guests.
• For the safety of everyone, guests who are exhibiting signs of illness will be asked to reschedule their reservation.
• Everyone who enters Ever will be subject to a brief temperature check.
Ever adheres to a strict cleaning and sanitizing regimen, including:
• In the kitchen: Chef Duffy and his staff constantly and obsessively clean and sanitize the kitchen throughout the night, using a five-step process after every task.
• In the dining room: The vast majority of the tables are used by just one party per night. In the rare instance in which a table is used again, the table and chairs are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between reservations.
• In the bathrooms: Each Ever bathroom is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use. Every time.
• Throughout the restaurant: Each night after Ever closes, the entire restaurant is deep cleaned by a team of professional cleaners.
Food safety training
Ever’s staff certifications include:
• Chef Curtis Duffy and Chef Justin Selk are HACCP-certified.
• Ever’s management team is allergen-certified and each has their food safety manager certification.
• All Ever employees are state-certified in food handling.
• All front of house staff members are BASSET certified.
• All employees receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more specific training for each position.
• Staff members’ temperatures are taken every day before they begin work. They also answer health screening questions.
• Employees who arrive to work feeling ill or showing any signs of illness are sent home. In order for an employee to return to work, they need to abide by the CDC’s Return to Work Criteria.
• No outside deliveries are made inside the restaurant. Deliveries are left outside Ever’s door, and products are brought in by employees.