To ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees, we follow CDC guidance and city and state regulations.
What guests can expect
• Ever’s main dining room is spacious, with only 14 tables.
• When required by the City of Chicago, Ever will operate at limited capacity.
• Fully vaccinated guests and staff members are welcome to forgo the use of masks inside Ever.
• For the safety of everyone, guests who are exhibiting signs of illness or have been exposed to someone with COVID will be asked to reschedule their reservation.
• We've suspended valet parking for now. There is a parking garage in our building; its entrance is on Ada Street, around the corner from our front door.
Ever's brand-new HVAC system was installed in the summer of 2020. It exceeds ASHRAE recommendations and uses MERV-13 filters. The entire building uses the same system and has a dedicated outside air unit that continuously supplies fresh air.
Ever adheres to a strict cleaning and sanitizing regimen, including:
• In the kitchen: Chef Duffy and his staff constantly and obsessively clean and sanitize the kitchen throughout the night, using a five-step process after every task.
• In the bathrooms: Each Ever bathroom is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each guest's use.
• Throughout the restaurant: Each night after Ever closes, the entire restaurant is deep cleaned by a team of professional cleaners.
Food safety training
Ever’s staff certifications include:
• Chef Curtis Duffy and Chef Justin Selk are HACCP-certified.
• Ever’s management team is allergen-certified and each has their food safety manager certification.
• All Ever employees are state-certified in food handling.
• All front of house staff members are BASSET certified.